21 Jul Latest Coronavirus Update 2021
At Hills, the health and well-being of our customers and colleagues is and always has been our number one priority.
Safety for everyone.
Our store will continue to maintain the same COVID-19 protections such as Perspex reception screens, hand sanitizing stations, floor distancing markers and safety signage as before.
To keep our customers and store staff safe, we ask that you continue to wear a face mask when visiting our reception, unless you have a medical exemption.
Furthermore, our reception opening hours may be subject to change at short notice as at times we might have reduced staffing; your understanding is appreciated.
A summary of additional measures we’ve taken:
- We have supplied personal protective equipment (PPE) to our colleagues and customers. This is in addition to provision of hand sanitisers and hand washing facilities.
- We have reconfigured our reception and installed transparent safety screens on all of our reception desks.
- Customers are kindly asked to pay by card or direct debit as our stores will not be accepting cash or cheque payments. Payments can also be made by phone or via customer’s online accounts.
- We request that customers and visitors scan the QR code when they arrive, using the NHS COVID-19 app. This is to help trace and stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- We have established an enhanced cleaning schedule of all trolley handles, pallet truck handles and regular touchpoints such as lift buttons, door handles and toilets.
Changes to storage services:
- Deliveries: Our store still accepts deliveries on your behalf. We will place them in a secure unit and notify you of receipt of a delivery however, we will not sign for deliveries.
- Boxes and packaging: Available to purchase from all store receptions, over the phone or online.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our customers and colleagues for their patience, courtesy and considerations during these testing times. Our colleagues are happy to answer any questions or discuss any concerns.