07 Apr Coronavirus Update
At Hills Self Storage, the health and well-being of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority.
To support our customers and colleagues through this difficult time, we will be operating during the following hours (subject to change – please see individual store page for information).
– Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm
– Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Customers with existing extended access will be able to access their storage unit as normal.
Our storage facility is automated and is not a high traffic premises but nevertheless we have made adjustments to staffing levels and service offerings to minimise person-to-person contact. In addition, our colleagues have intensified the daily cleaning levels of our stores especially commonly touched area such as door handles, lift buttons, pin machines etc.
Finally, colleagues and customers are reminded to observe social distancing and hand hygiene per the Government guidelines. Anyone with coronavirus symptoms should not visit our store. For more guidance please visit nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Why is Hills Self Storage still open?
The latest Government guidance is for all retail premises to be closed with some exceptions, including storage and distribution facilities. Our store is open because we serve many small business customers engaged in key supply chains (e.g. grocery and pharmaceutical) as well as engineers who use our store to store and collect parts critical to their work maintaining and repairing things like telecoms infrastructure, central heating systems, building lifts (including those in hospitals). In addition our store does not generally have the footfall of other types of premises (such as retail). Nevertheless, the safety and well-being of our colleagues and customers is our priority and we are advising customers where possible to minimise visits and observe social distancing and hand hygiene per the Government guidelines. These measures, if observed correctly, should ensure risk of transmission is minimal.
What changes have been made to opening hours & procedures?
Following on from the government’s recent announcement regarding restrictions of movement we have made some changes to our operating hours and procedures to safely allow our colleagues and customers to access their storage units. In short, these changes are:
– Reduced staffing levels, no customer access to our reception areas and a reduced provision of services
– Reduced opening hours of: Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm , Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Specific changes to customer processes and services:
– No cash or cheques will be accepted, credit cards and payments via the website will continue to be accepted along with Direct Debit.
– The process for new customer enquiries remain unchanged; customers can enquire via our web site, call us or mail us for a quote.
– Customer signup process including ID checks will take place electronically.
– Customers with extended access via pin code or a security fob can continue to do so as normal.
– Although we are still willing to accept deliveries they will be left in the loading area for collection.
– Packaging materials are available to order over the phone and can be collected from our loading area.
I was due to vacate on xxx day, can I still go ahead?
Our store remains open at this time with reduced operating hours. We will inform customers of any closure should it be required.
I have extended hours access, can I still access my unit?
Customers with existing extended access will be able to access their storage unit as normal. We will inform customers of any closures should they be required.
Will I still be able to purchase packing materials?
If you’d like to purchase packing materials you can do so over the phone. All orders must be collected from our loading area.